Looking After The Environment Essay Topics
Caring About Our Environment Essay
708 Words3 Pages
Caring About Our Environment
Improving and maintaining the earth’s environment is becoming a more important task every day of our lives. Due to ignorance and frequent carelessness, this important task is quickly becoming a critical one. For this reason, I took it upon myself to construct a strategic plan to enlighten my peers to the problems of our environment. I did this in hopes that it would encourage everyone to act responsibly towards improving and maintaining the environment. With ongoing threats to the earth’s water supply, atmosphere, and surface, I found it necessary to devise a method of environmental enlightenment. I plan to apply this method at my place of academic study, The University. If supported by the faculty…show more content…
I recently discovered that one cheeseburger takes more than 700 gallons of water to produce (includes water consumed by cows, water used to irrigate the cornfields that feed the cows, and the water used to produce the beef and cheese). When considering the millions of cheeseburgers that are consumed worldwide everyday, it is evident that the earth’s water supply is declining rapidly. Due to air pollution, the ozone layer is also being consumed at an extreme rate. Its arch nemesis is the various fumes from cars and factories. Scientists estimate that each 1% drop in ozone levels causes a 3 to 6% rise in skin cancer cases. Since the ozone layer prevents most ultraviolet and other high-energy radiation from penetrating to the earth’s surface, this is a crisis that has to be rectified. The ozone’s depletion has dropped to a level so thin that if we brought it down to Earth, it would only be as deep as the thickness of three dimes. The only positive outlook concerning this matter is that the ozone has the ability to reconstruct itself when UV-C rays break the bond of O2. Single oxygen atoms combine with O2 to form ozone (UV-B rays limit this process still yet). This evidence shows that the world is in dire need of an environmental resurrection. In order for this to occur and be successful, it would require an effort by every individual nation of our world.
My resolution requires that The University of South Carolina
20 Intriguing Persuasive Essay Topics About The Environment
The environment has been a hot button issue for over the last half century. As some new scientific evidence has pointed to human-caused pollution as being one of the primary reasons for environmental damage around the world, there are still a number of topics that have yet to be fully explored. Here are 20 intriguing topic ideas about the environment you can use for a persuasive essay:
- Do you believe that the deforestation and the environmental damage it causes is the worthwhile when compared to the economic benefits that come from it?
- Do you believe that hunting does more harm than good to the environment? What about over population of certain species?
- Should your school or community do more to encourage commuters to take alternative modes of transportation?
- Should supermarkets charge consumers extra for plastic bags as a means to encourage people to bring in their own reusable or recycled bags?
- What do you think people at your school can do to help people in poor regions of the world have enough clean drinking water?
- What are the dangers of tracking animals in the wild for sport, conservation, and scientific studies?
- Do you think first world countries around the globe are doing enough to reduce CO2 emissions?
- Do you think communities do enough about the dangers posed by nuclear power stations and their disposal of waste products?
- Do you think that if people were given vouchers from employers and state or local governments that they would switch to taking public transportation?
- Do you think company owners that have been found guilty of dumping toxic material improperly should face jail time?
- Do you think that city-wide recycling plans are making a great enough difference or are they merely costing tax-payers money?
- Why is it important not to throw hazardous household waste in the regular trash that goes straight to the dumpster?
- How do we change our carbon footprint? Is it too late or is the damage to earth’s environment still reversible?
- Do you think the United States should be doing more to end the reliance on non-renewable sources of energy such as gas?
- Do you think if littering had a bigger fine there would be less people breaking the law and more focused on cleaning up the community?
- Do you think that eco-tourism poses a threat to the protection of wildlife and wild areas? Will support for wildlife and wild areas suffer if people can’t visit?
- Why do you think people litter? Is it a bad habit that forms early in their life? Are they not motivated to clean up after themselves?
- Should more people become vegetarians or vegans in order to help the environment or is this idea not feasible?
- What will be the biggest environmental concerns of future generations? Will they face the same problem or will new threats arise?
- Do you think that car owners should pay more in taxes because of the environmental damage they through air pollution?